General Data Protection Regulation
North Lanarkshire Carers Together (NLCT) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information and in line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into effect from 25th May 2018, we have produced this Transparency Statement to set out how we collect, store and use any information you provide.
Identity and Contact Details
NLCT is a registered charity in Scotland (No: SC033795). We are a Member Organisation working in partnership with Health & Social Care North Lanarkshire and the third and independent sectors to improve the lives of unpaid carers living, or caring for someone who lives in North Lanarkshire.
Our registered office is:
North Lanarkshire Carers Together
Forgewood Community Centre
49 Dinmont Crescent
Motherwell ML1 3TT
We are governed by a board of volunteer directors and have a number of paid staff, who work in partnership throughout North Lanarkshire to identify, inform, signpost and refer unpaid carers and the people they care for to supports and services. We raise the profile of carers’ issues and support carers to have their voice heard in the development of local and national policy and the development of service provision.
Basis for Processing Personal and Sensitive Data
NLCT will only process personal or sensitive data with your prior consent, unless there is a legal reason to do so. Consent may be written, verbal, or electronic.
How do we Collect Information from You?
We collect information in a number of ways:
- When you complete a paper version of our NLCT Membership Application Form.
- When you complete an electronic version of our NLCT Membership Application Form via our website www.carerstogether.org
- When you submit a carer enquiry request via our website www.carerstogether.org
- When you contact the office by phone to make a carer enquiry.
- When you visit the workplace of North Lanarkshire Carers Together to discuss your caring role with a NLCT staff member
- When you speak to a NLCT staff member at an outreach location including GP practices and community based events.
How do we Use and Store Information you Provide?
Information you provide to us on our membership form is stored securely on our database. We use this information to register you as a member and:
- Provide you with information you have requested.
- Send out our twice yearly newsletter which is a benefit of membership.
- Invite you to our Annual General Meeting & Annual Carer Conference which is a benefit of membership.
- Contact you with regards to consultations and carer events that may be of interest to you.
- Contribute to anonymised statistical reporting including carer profiling and equal opportunity monitoring.
Information may also be stored in paper format contained within files and stored in lockable cabinets within our secure office premises.
Who do we Share Information with?
With consent, we will share information in relation to seeking supports and services for you and/or the person you care for, as part of a referral process. This may include health and social care professionals, GP and hospital teams, national and third sector services, benefits agencies, charitable trusts etc. The method of consent will be noted as part of an audit trail.
How Long will we Keep your Information?
We will keep your membership information on record until you inform us that you would like to be removed from our database. This can be done at any time by contacting the office on the above number or completing the reply slip below and posting in the prepaid envelope provided.
In order to provide the best service we can, we will keep details of discussions and referrals made on your behalf or on behalf of the person you care for, in line with our Data Retention Policy.
Contact details for The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
ICO – Scotland
45 Melville Place
Tel: 0131 244 9001
Reply Slip Form
If you wish to be removed from our database please complete this form.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Reply Slip Form – remove from database’][contact-field label=’I no longer wish to be a member of North Lanarkshire Carers Together. Please remove my details:’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’/][contact-field label=’Address’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]