The Carers (Scotland) Act 2016
Did you know there is new law to support carers in Scotland?
The Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 was implemented in April 2018
This is what it means…
The Act extends the rights for carers and young carers in Scotland, placing a duty on local health and social care partnerships to provide carers support to access their rights which are outlined below.
- A right to access information and advice
- A right to access support if your needs meet the local eligibility criteria for carers
- A right to be involved in care planning and assessment processes for the person you care for
- A right to be involved in hospital discharge planning processes
- A right to access an adult carer support plan (carers over the age of 18)
- A right to access a young carers statement (carers under the age of 18)
- A right to be involved in the planning and development of any carer services
Please see more information on these on the individual localised leaflets below. If you wish to discuss this information further or want to know more about your rights as a carer under the new law in Scotland, please book an appointment with one of our staff via the link below.
Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 Leaflet Downloads
Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 – Full Bill Pdf
Statutory Guidance Pdf
Carers’ Charter Pdf
Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 – Chinese Language Pdf
Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 – Urdu Language Pdf
Our Mission Statement
The management board is responsible for keeping North Lanarkshire Carers Together focussed on its aims and objectives and for safeguarding its values and managing all aspects of its business.
Our Partners & Accreditations