Support & Services for Carers
What We Can Do To Support You In This Role
As a Carer, you may need support to help you in your caring role. North Lanarkshire Carers Together recognises that as a Carer you may require a varied supports to sustain you in your caring role and we offer a wide range of services to assist regardless of whether you are new to caring or have been providing unpaid care and support for a number of years.
Carers have told us that they often feel they ‘go from pillar to post’ and eventually ‘give up trying’ or that they ‘didn’t know that there was help and support out there’. If that sounds all too familiar to you then please get in touch with our team. We will actively listen to your individual caring situation with empathy and positive regard. All of our Carer workforce have personal experience of caring for a family member and have first-hand experience of both the rewards and challenges that unpaid caring brings.
We will provide you with information you require that may help you to:
- Know your rights as a Carer
- Understand a specific condition or illness in more detail
- Access assessments and services for the person you care for
- Access services for you as a Carer, i.e. an Adult Carer Support Plan, Carer Training, Carer Support Groups, Services of a Carer Support Worker
- Apply for disability and Carer benefits
- Register with your GP as a Carer and access the services of the GP co-ordinator for Carers based within our office
We can also link and refer you to local services that could make life a little easier, for example:
- Befriending and Home Visiting
- Dementia Support
- Digital Inclusion
- Palliative Care
- Support for Carers in hospital
- Care at home services
- Community Alarm
- Addiction Services
- Mental Health User and Carer Group
- Services for young carers
Contact details of a range of services can be found under our Get in touch tab. Alternatively you may wish to speak to one of our carer workers who can arrange a one to one meeting to discuss your caring role and how we can best help. If you wish to be contacted by one of our staff to request a carer appointment please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01698 404055
Lanarkshire Carers Centre
Or for more information on the Lanarkshire Carers Centre, Carer Support Workers (Motherwell, Bellshill, Coatbridge, Airdrie, Cumbernauld & Kilsyth) please click the following link:
Young Carers Project
For more information on Young Carers Project please click the following link.
Our Mission Statement
The management board is responsible for keeping North Lanarkshire Carers Together focussed on its aims and objectives and for safeguarding its values and managing all aspects of its business.
Our Partners & Accreditations